View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 03:41 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I have updated my Scribe.

Folders in folders is good, wonder if they have fixed Notebook sync issues some people were having.

Pressure sensitivity is noticeable for Marker, not so much for Pencil, Pen, or Fountain Pen.

But still no changes with Print Replica support as far as I can tell (i.e. ability to interact with text layer). It is probably not new, but the Aa More options has an (enabled) option for About This Book. I take this as evidence that Kindle Store content in this format will be supported in the future.

Another thing that seems new is that I got a prompt to create a passcode 'to protect my notebooks' after creating one after the update. There aren't any changes to passcode functionality, i.e. it is for the device, not just for accessing Notebooks. And it just appeared the one time.

One annoyance when reading Print Replica documents persists: if you set the writing toolbar to the 'finger' (select mode) so it does not draw anything, it does not 'stick'. The next session reverts to drawing mode. When it is in drawing mode, you must swipe with a fingertip to turn pages, tap with fingertip does nothing. Tapping or swiping with Pen draws something. So sure, you can hide the writing toolbar, but then there is no annotation (at least until the text layer can be interacted with).

Last edited by tomsem; 02-27-2023 at 05:17 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote