View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 11:13 PM   #102
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Conversation with ChatGPT

I had to play with ChatGPT and had this interesting conversation (Q is me in bold, A is ChatGPT replying)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Q: Is digital rights management for ebooks necessary

A: The need for digital rights management (DRM) for ebooks is a topic of debate among publishers, authors, and readers. On one hand, DRM can help protect the intellectual property rights of authors and publishers by limiting unauthorized sharing, copying, or distribution of ebooks, which can result in revenue loss and copyright infringement. On the other hand, DRM can also limit the usability and flexibility of ebooks for readers, as it can prevent them from freely sharing or transferring their purchased ebooks between devices or platforms, or from making fair use of the content for educational or research purposes.

Ultimately, whether DRM for ebooks is necessary or not depends on individual perspectives and circumstances. Some publishers and authors may choose to implement DRM as a way to protect their creative work and livelihood, while others may prefer to offer DRM-free ebooks as a way to increase readership and customer satisfaction. As a reader, it is important to be aware of the DRM policies of the ebooks you purchase or access, and to choose a platform or retailer that aligns with your preferences and values.

Q: How do you remove drm

A: Removing DRM from ebooks can be a controversial and potentially illegal process, depending on where you live and the specific circumstances. In some places, removing DRM from content that you have legally purchased may be considered a violation of copyright law. Therefore, I cannot recommend or provide specific instructions on how to remove DRM.

However, in general, there are various tools and software programs that claim to be able to remove DRM from ebooks. Some of these tools may work for certain formats or devices, while others may not. It is important to do your research and exercise caution when attempting to remove DRM from any digital content.

Q: How would I research this

A: There are various online forums, websites, and guides that discuss how to remove DRM from ebooks. Some popular resources include Apprentice Alf's blog, which provides step-by-step instructions for removing DRM from various ebook formats, and Mobileread forums, which have dedicated sections for discussing ebook DRM removal. You can also search for specific software or tools designed for removing DRM, but be cautious and make sure to verify the legitimacy and safety of any tools you download. It's important to note that removing DRM from ebooks may violate copyright laws and terms of service agreements, so it's important to research the legality and ethical implications of removing DRM before proceeding.

Highly interesting that MR is mentioned right after Apprentice Alf. Gotta hate and love technology. I have seen books written worse than this machine learned AI. And I asked, and whatever ChatGPT produces is considered in the public domain, so it is okay to quote in length.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote