View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 06:13 PM   #52
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I tried

Code:
adb backup -all
and got the same essentially empty 41 byte file, So K4A is not a factor in this particular problem.
My Windows11 (version 22621.1265) didn't have Windows Subsystem for Android installed (???), so I got it by installing the Amazon Appstore. I could get adb to work. Installed the Kindle4.16APK through adb. But backups don't work (same issue as yours, no popup). There is a workaround to get notifications to work, but it sounds horribly complicated. It needs you to hack Google services into WSA. And even then I am not sure if the ADB popup would show up. Not going to mess with it anymore, already wasted more time on WSA than Bluestacks required to get it to work. Even with having to download yet another environment (Nougat instead of Android 11).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote