View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 02:50 PM   #85
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
Once you get behind a writer, they can write a book about any subject, and you'll pick it up to read.
Uh... no.

I like great writers, and I like certain genres. I'm happy when I find a great writer writing what I want to read.

But I'm not following them into other territories unless I do a lot of research to see if they'll possible do it for me in another genre. Because many of them don't. What they were good at in one area doesn't say that they'll be good in another. They have to earn that trust in the new genre.

I don't just trust any actors, musicians, artists, or even bands, either. They can be great at one thing, and stink in another. Lesson learned early on that.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote