View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 12:38 PM   #36
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
How does it handle footnotes?
Short answer, not at all.

It's a glass typewriter. You can I suppose put a footnote in [square brackets] just after the paragraph were it occurs with a * at the source.

The Version 3 is closer to a plain text editor like Jota on Android (which works OK on eInk Android with a BT keyboard).

The advantages over an actual typewriter are:
More portable.
Much lighter.
Recharge or batteries rather than ribbon and paper.
Copy file to PC rather than scan and OCR.

I used a typewriter for reports in my first job and have two, a portable and a larger one, you can still get ribbons, carbon paper, correcting fluid or tape and lighter typing paper for carbon copies.

Good luck trying to get new 3" disks for an Amstrad PCW (or even 3.5" for the last version).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote