View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 12:19 PM   #76
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres too, for exactly the same reason, although I have grown tired of most WWII fiction, unless it highlights something other than "romance under duress" or "stiff-upper-lip survival" themes. Spies and code-breaking still fascinate me. I love to read about those.
You might like "Code Name Verity" by Elizabeth Wein. It starts with the protagonist being imprisoned and interrogated by Gestapo, so it's not a happy book, but it's really good. (I tear up when reading it -- even when rereading -- so it's definitively a book that engages my emotions.)
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote