View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 01:14 PM   #70
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I'm not sure that this is correct. I was able to register my new Kindle that I got for Christmas without having 2 factor authentication turned on...the process was no different than it was for the last few Kindles that I registered.

Shari
I was talking about old Kindles, based on my recent experiences. The newer ones will prompt for code if you are using 2 factor auth. With older ones you have to append to password.

It sounds like you do not have 2 factor turned on. You might consider doing it.

With new Kindles you can also do setup using the Kindle app for iOS or Android, no need to enter Amazon or WiFi credentials. Similar to setting up new iOS devices.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-07-2023 at 01:16 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote