View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 09:46 AM   #24
iBeth
Enthusiast
iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebw1150, nook, kindle oasis, kobo libra2
maybe this is the end of my kindle era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpegg View Post
So sad, Amazon. Bricking up the few gaps in your wall will keep out more people than you keep in.

I started out with a Nook, buying books from Barnes and Noble. I ditched them as soon as they made it quite difficult to download books to a PC for side-loading to a reader.
I am the same--started with Nook and ditched them as soon as they made downloading difficult. In my case, the situation was exacerbated by the way that BN swallowed up Fictionwise. I merged my nook library with my fictionwise library, which promptly broke the wifi transfer function because my library had too many titles.

My library is much larger now because I am a sucker for those one-day sales. It's convenient to have books in my kindle library (though I have often purchased from kobo). But I have lost books before because they were locked in an old format (geb, lit . . .) and don't want to spend money on books that I can't transfer to whatever device I want to read on.

I'm viewing these latest changes with a mix of apprehension and relief. Apprehension because I like the current setup. Relief because maybe it will break my purchasing addiction. My calibre library is already huge, plus my public library loans out ebooks, so it's not like I will run out of things to read.
iBeth is offline   Reply With Quote