View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 06:42 PM   #39
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Digital is fine unless the format can only be opened by a program on OS/2 (worst support for a VM).

Formats and digital storage are not problems. It's DRM that's an issue for ordinary people. There isn't any DRM that can't be defeated by experts even if server is gone. See MS "Plays for sure".

Cheap paper doesn't last. The 100+ year old books don't use the paper called Pulp in 1930s. My 100+ year old books better than may 1960s to 1980s.

If you want physical print then parchment or better still, clay tablets.
Some of the 1930s children's books I'm working on for the MR library practically FEEL like clay tablets, LOL! The paper is so thick it resembles construction paper, and these books, I swear, are at LEAST 2" thick! They look and feel like tomes compared to what the same book on modern paper would be!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote