View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 03:43 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I found myself buying a Fire HD 10 Plus in the Black Friday promotions (wound up being about $62 after Trade-in discount and credit).

(The only other tablet I had of this approximate size is an iPad Air 2 (I took it off my mom's hands when I gave here a newer iPad), which will remain on iPadOS 15, doesn't support newer features like Universal Control and extended display, won't work with a Bluetooth stylus I had for the newer iPad, and white backgrounds have some weird rainbow tinting, but otherwise still works fine. It should work with Luna Display as a desktop extension and a Wacom Bluetooth stylus (pressure sensitive with some apps) that I still have around.)

It has better DPI than my Fire HD 8 Plus, and it is faster than the iPad Air 2 (which after all is 8 years old). And it will probably at least temporarily stop me from looking for deals on a newer iPad Air. I probably won't be using the Fire HD 8 Plus any more as it is redundant.

I suppose they'll be coming out with a new one in a few months (unless Fire is under fire with all the layoffs and cutbacks in that division), but not a bad deal.

Hmm. It's not letting me remove a Sample that I 'removed from library' on a different device, and also using Manage Digital Content. Sync, Force Stop didn't help, either. Bummers. Okay, so I added the Sample again, and then was able to remove from library on the Fire.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote