View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 12:19 PM   #7
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Unfortunately, the link to the T&Cs seems to be broken (or at least it is for me). But the way these "Buy XXX Get YYY" offers usually work is that you buy at least XXX of Kindle ebooks during the specified period, and then shortly thereafter a credit appears in your account, which you can then use on FUTURE purchases of ebooks. So it's not an immediate discount.

In the past there has been a lot of discussion about whether the discount is worth it or not. Without opening up all of that discussion again, I'll just say that YMMV. IMO, if you buy enough Kindle e-books that both earning and using the credit won't be an issue, it's nice to get any discount at all. (This is me usually .) But also IMO, if you end up having to go through contortions to find enough books you want to buy to make up the XXX amount, and then more contortions to find enough more books to use the YYY credit on, then you may want to think it through a bit.

And although for most folks, the credit seems to appear pretty quickly after you spend the XXX, sometimes folks don't get the credit. So it's a good idea to take screenshots of the offer, and then the screen that shows you activated it, in case you have to contact customer service to get it.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I happened to be buying Kindle ebooks today.
I can't see how this "offer" works.
I don't see any refund.

Last edited by sufue; 11-26-2022 at 12:22 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote