View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 11:17 AM   #57
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Testing, Testing. 1-2-3. There is nothing wrong with your television set. Should something be wrong, I will personally destroy it!

Getting there?
Don, my concern with it is, I'm not sure it appears intentional. If you rummage around Kindle's shelves, and it doesn't take too long, you'll see a lot of quite serious covers like that. It's one thing for a trade pub to get away with it--tongue-in-cheek, wink-and-a-nod thing; it's another for an Indy.

We do a fair number of kids' books, at my shop, and we see covers like that all the time, as "serious contenders," (the intent, I mean, not the actual effect).

Also, why is the title being cited/quoted?

ETA: may I suggest Two Fingers Bodoni Regular, to replace that font? Or...hell, if you want something fattish, Childwood Normal, or...for easier-to-read, maybe HankBT Roman or Infant?

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 11-26-2022 at 11:20 AM. Reason: ETA font suggestion
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote