View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 09:43 PM   #45
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How will that look on an eInk screen in grayscale?
You'd be surprised. I don't claim to being a cover designer, altho after nearly 7500 books, it's amazing what you pick up. BUT, white, cream, light (very) banana yellow, all show up pretty amazingly on eInk screens.

FWIW: I test all kinds of software, to keep up on what my customers are using. "Writing" programs, plotting programs, screenwriting, blabbety-blab.

I've learned to make a book cover, from scratch, using various methods so that I could tell a customer, "yes, you can do this" or "no, that learning curve [or whatever] is too hard unless you want to turn pro." I started using something uber-easy--the in-Word templates, from DIYBookCovers.com and managed. Even made a few that are, holy crap, in the wild today. Then I moved to making covers in a more-traditional way, Photoshop, AI and InDesign and all that. Learning what colors work for titling, against what backgrounds....that's part of it and also, what does and doesn't work on eInks. It's part of being able to intelligently discuss these things with customers and contractors.

BUT, Jon--don't forget--the average bear ain't lookin' at the cover once it's ON the eink, as I mentioned above.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote