View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 11:47 AM   #47
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I very seldom don't finish an ebook, but I had one today: The Passengef by cormac mccarthy.* I'm not sure what is going on after reading 1/4 of the book and the lack of quotation marks is a little annoying.

* If cormac doesn't need to use quotation marks, I don't need to use capitals for his name.
<begin rant> I hate when authors (excluding poets) refuse to use standard capitalization and punctuation. Isn't communication with the audience the whole point of publishing a book? Why make it more difficult to understand by being idiosyncratic? (I do acknowledge that there are some exceptions--e.g., stream-of-consciousness narrative--but otherwise, the author's rule-breaking seems to be done simply to draw attention to itself.) <end rant>
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote