View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 04:31 PM   #16
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
How can the screen be better if it's the same hardware? (Well, except for the processor, but I'd expect the casing and the screen to be the same.) Have you compared them side by side?
What does it have to do with hardware?
In addition, both readers have completely different hardware as well as the operating system.
(SW → Tolino Vision 6 uses Android 8.1. HW → CPU QuadCore AllWinner B300 1.8GHz + 1Gb RAM).

If you mean the E-INK 1200 screen, it doesn't mean anything, not every screen is of the same quality, or from the same manufacturer.

Sometimes the background is darker or lighter, the screen is protected by glass, different lighting is used, and you get a completely different result.

The same applies to the software and its settings for displaying, rendering (scaling), smoothing, and the like.

.. And yes, I compared them side by side.
Even when using lighting or night mode, Tolino has slightly more visible and sharper writing. Of course, the same book and font were used for the test

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 10-13-2022 at 05:55 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote