View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 05:47 PM   #33
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I do usually finish what I start but occasionally there's a book I just can't get into it after a few chapters. If I've read far enough to care about the outcome, I may skip over to the last couple of chapters to see how things turn out. I read mostly library books so I don't have the "need to get what I paid for" incentive to finish.

A couple of times the description and/or category tags mislead me and once I got into the book I realized it was not what I was expecting and I skipped to the end.

Examples:

A book was described as romantic suspense/mystery. It turned out to be a bodice ripper (clothes were actually ripped) and the mystery part was very dull. I skipped to the end of that one to see who did it and it was some minor character.

Another time I borrowed what appeared to be a police procedural. It turned out the criminal was some ancient supernatural entity. Once the supernatural stuff started happening I stopped reading.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote