View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 12:31 PM   #49
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I simply no longer find it very useful/necessary. I organize my book collections in Drobpox folders, and that suffices me. I can also load them straight from Dropbox to my 8+ reading devices (including the e-ink PocketBook), so it's no longer necessary for me to use Calibre for any operation, really. (Also, I use several Windows computers, and Calibre used to act up occasionally, when I tried to keep its database in sync across multiple Windows computers, using Dropbox. It just no longer seemed worth the bother for me...)
I keep most of my stuff in Dropbox as well, including my ebook collection. But I couldn't manage without Calibre, having tens of thousands of ebooks. Folder management isn't sufficient for me. I load my Kobos from Calibre, even though the Sage has Dropbox support (which I've used a couple of times, perhaps). Calibre is just faster and easier, with its automatic metadata and collection management for Kobos. But yeah, it takes a lot of time to get the metadata right in the first place.

Quote:
Makes perfect sense, if you think about it. People enjoy looking at beautiful things more than they enjoy looking at dull and boring things. Because I find background textures more beautiful to look at than looking at dull and boring solid-color backgrounds (which can be downright sleep-inducing, if truth be told), then this motivates me to read more and longer – because who wouldn't want to prolong his or her experience of looking at something that's beautiful?
Oh, I get it. I'm a wallpaper nut - I've collected thousands of different wallpapers for my tablets and computers, which I switch frequently. Fancy background just isn't something I need for book reading, but then I read most of the time on eink, of course.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote