View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 03:12 PM   #54
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
So it could just be the case that the first ereader one gets is tolerated as is. My old Sony 505 was used as the manufacturer intended, no tinkering at all. But the more experience, the more one is inclined to experiment with appearance and behaviour.
That's true for me as well. My first ereaders were basic, nontouch Kindles. I just used them as they were, no tinkering whatsoever (I did use Calibre, but only as a backup solution). Several years later I started to edit my books, installed custom fonts, the FONT_RAMP hack and so on. And when I got my first Kobo in 2019, I let my inner tinkerer fully out without looking back.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote