View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 09:59 AM   #49
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I've never understood the "Kindle is better than Kobo for just turn it on and read" argument. Kobo works just as well straight out of the box, no customising, no fiddling, no hassles. It also sideloads bought content across devices without issue. ot sideloaded, of course, but anyone who sideloads has automatically moved past the "just turn it on and read" stage anyway.

I'm not saying Kindle is a bad choice, but the argument that the out of box experience is better for total newbies is utterly specious. Turn it on, buy a book, start reading, sync that book across devices - the experience is the same on both.
I’ve always found that one a head-scratcher, also, in terms of working out of the box and starting to read. However, I’ll add that I think the UI on Kobos is cleaner and more intuitive than on Kindles. That might mostly be a case of preferring what I know better, admittedly - and many don’t give that factor enough weight when offering their opinions.

Still, I find organizing collections on Kindles Byzantine compared to Kobo and, a tiny change, I wish Kindle had a “Reading” category and not just “Read” and “Unread”; it makes it much faster to navigate back to all your books in progress if you read several at a time.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote