View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 03:40 PM   #5
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
When I say "worldbuilding" I think of the author's creation of the world, what they decide about how the world is and how it works. How they then describe that world can be heavy handed with lots of info dumps, or subtle and gradual, "world hinting".

The lack of info dumps was part of what I liked about The Angel of the Crows: We learn about the world gradually, and figuring it out is as much of a mystery as the crime mysteries our protagonists are investigating.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote