Thread: Audio files
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
I know that epub doesn't yet specifically support audio, but I can link to external files that are listed in the manifest. Since many of the ebook readers seem to have the ability to play MP3 files, I was wondering if they would play if linked from within an ebook.
All of the eBook readers that support mp3 currently play mp3 in the background and there is no syncing or changing the file from within the eBook being read. It could be a nice feature for the future but the only thing close today is the AAX support on Kindle2. It works exactly the opposite. An audio file kicks off a screen display at points in the file.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote