View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #28
spookcomix
spookcomix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Not quite there yet for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
Can folks please try the latest beta savory-image.zip from http://code.google.com/p/savory/downloads/list (savory-image-2009-04-08.zip)
Jesse,

Downloaded the new file and replaced savory-image.ext3. Restarted the Kindle...and it started converting the two PDFs I put on the device last night, testing your previous version. (That said, it's safe to say that this version of Savory notices "new" files that existed before Savory was installed.)

However, the title of the file that remained after first conversion was "Unknown." Looking at it, it appears to be a "textual conversion" of the PDF I had put on the Kindle.

It began converting the second one immediately after the first. After it was converted, I checked it (it was another copy of the same original PDF with a different filename), and it was also named "Unknown," and appeared to be a "textual conversion."

I'm not seeing this newer type of "rendered images" conversion that you're talking about. Is there a setting I should change?

Also, incidentally, last night after I posted about my experience with the beta, I downloaded the current stable version and replaced the beta savory-image.ext3 with the stable one. After restarting, nothing happened.

--SC

[Update: Pending further instruction, I've run the Savory uninstaller and removed the folders Savory created. I'll take a fresh run at it as necessary.]

Last edited by spookcomix; 04-08-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Added "Update"
spookcomix is offline   Reply With Quote