View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 10:59 AM   #10
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe and Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimon126 View Post
So I had the Libra 2 for a week now and although I'm really happy with the screen, buttons and other nice features Kobo offers - the device just feels really heavy to me, especially to hold in one hand (note: I'm coming from the Paperwhite 4). The weight distribution feels like it's more in the center than it is on the side grip. I read a lot lying down and Libra 2 tires out my wrist pretty quickly compared to the Paperwhite 4.

I was considering just getting the Libra H2O, but it's really difficult to find one (even on ebay), so I've been looking at the Oasis 3 because it's much lighter (188 g vs Libra 2 at 215 g). I know it has the micro USB and in general a bit outdated, but it's not a big deal to me. Also for info, where I live I could get the Oasis 3 a bit cheaper than the Libra 2 right now. Also the Kobo vs Amazon ecosystem doesn't make much difference to me in my country either.

My question (for those who have both devices), how does the screen on the Libra 2 and the Oasis 3 compare next to each other? Are they very different in terms of contrast, clarity, color temperature? Would be even better if anyone has a screenshot comparing them together. Thanks!
I just sold my Libra H2O, it’s a shame we missed each other.

I have the Oasis 3, and I also had the Libra 2 alongside it for a while.

I love them both, but ultimately returned the Libra 2 as I couldn’t justify having two premium devices. My Oasis screen is absolutely gorgeous, just perfect. My Libra 2 screen was great as well, but I find the Oasis's screen extremely attractive to read from.

The battery life is, and always has been, a big problem. I am resigned now to charging it every day or every other day (I read voraciously). It’s not so bad once you drop the expectation it is going to last 'weeks'.

I love the text layout on the kobo, and being able to see page x of xx on the pages without having to press the screen multiple times, but, aside from that, I am very happy with my Oasis.

Oh, the aluminum chassis is a pain, always too hot, cold or slippery, and when I read outside it gets scalding hot. But that can be resolved by using a case or reading in the shade.

They are both great e-readers. The Oasis does not feel like an outdated device, by the way.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote