View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 10:02 AM   #9
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
I'll toss this into the mix -- I had an Oasis, but ended up returning it. Mine had very poor battery life (something that I have seen reported by other owners, but also not reported by some Oasis owners), and an unevenly lit screen -- one side of the screen was brighter than the other, which bothered me.

I also tried the new Paperwhite. While it presented a problem (unique to my situation) re my computer and Calibre, its performance was (to me) much improved over the older PW and I really liked the larger screen with the amber lighting. So if weight is a concern, I would opt for the new PW over the Oasis.

Also, if you like to read lying down (like me) you may want to try one of the "easel" style cases (I think Fintie on Amazon is one brand). I found one that worked really well and I like having the device sit on my chest hands free.
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote