View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 09:34 AM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimon126 View Post
...unless they decide to get rid of the metal backing and replace it plastic/rubbery texture instead - the metal backing is such a strange choice for an Ereader.
I'd swear the metal backing is only there to make reviewers gush.

Quote:
The Oasis’ chassis is aluminum and feels like a more premium device.
Quote:
The sides and back are a single piece of aluminum, giving this a premium device feel.
Quote:
The back of the new Kindle Oasis is aluminum, which gives it a premium look and feel.
Quote:
Also new to this Kindle Oasis model is an aluminum back, which should give it a more premium feel...
Quote:
The Oasis has a premium feel, the screen is made of glass and it has an aluminum body.
It's the iPad effect.

My 2015 Glowlight Plus also has an aluminum body and it felt premium for the ten minutes I handled it before slapping it in a case After that the Nook and my Kobo feel surprisingly similar.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote