View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 02:42 AM   #1
swimon126
Enthusiast
swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Smile Kobo libra 2 vs Kindle Oasis 3

So I had the Libra 2 for a week now and although I'm really happy with the screen, buttons and other nice features Kobo offers - the device just feels really heavy to me, especially to hold in one hand (note: I'm coming from the Paperwhite 4). The weight distribution feels like it's more in the center than it is on the side grip. I read a lot lying down and Libra 2 tires out my wrist pretty quickly compared to the Paperwhite 4.

I was considering just getting the Libra H2O, but it's really difficult to find one (even on ebay), so I've been looking at the Oasis 3 because it's much lighter (188 g vs Libra 2 at 215 g). I know it has the micro USB and in general a bit outdated, but it's not a big deal to me. Also for info, where I live I could get the Oasis 3 a bit cheaper than the Libra 2 right now. Also the Kobo vs Amazon ecosystem doesn't make much difference to me in my country either.

My question (for those who have both devices), how does the screen on the Libra 2 and the Oasis 3 compare next to each other? Are they very different in terms of contrast, clarity, color temperature? Would be even better if anyone has a screenshot comparing them together. Thanks!

Last edited by swimon126; 02-13-2022 at 02:46 AM.
swimon126 is offline   Reply With Quote