Thread: Winter Olympics
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 10:10 AM   #13
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Although I have great respect for the talent, skill, agility, and years of practice and honing that goes into Olympic sports, I'm just not into it. Simply not my cup of tea, so to speak. Today it seems to be more about politics than anything else. And I feel that only the athletes with substantial financial backing have a chance to even get there. The poor kid growing up with little money has about a snowball's chance in heck of getting there unless they really luck out. So my guess is that we are not really seeing the best of the best compete. We are likely only seeing the best of the well connected and financially capable compete. So meh...

Same with college level and professional sports like football, baseball, basketball, etc., just not my cup of tea any more. When I was young I watched sporting events on TV, but today it seems like you have to be a lawyer to understand all the rules, and it is no longer about sporting competition, it is all about profits and over paid, spoiled brats who compete. You have to mortgage your house to afford tickets now. Baseball was good when you went to the stadium to watch in person, but I would rather watch grass grow than watch a long, drawn out, boring game on TV.

So to each their own of course, but I rarely watch much in the way of sporting events any more.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote