Thread: Winter Olympics
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 07:56 AM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I've never even tried basic normal skiing because I'm a klutz and would probably hurt myself. I can't even imagine skiing backwards down a long steep ramp, flying off a high jump and doing flips and twists! I've seen several crash landings tonight and they all get up and walk away but that has to hurt.
Many years ago, when I was in my 30's, my church class had an overnight get-a-way at a somewhat local ski resort. My husband and I never skied, many of the couples were just going for the social aspect.

One of my friends had her ski equipment and offered to let me try it. An hour later, after 20+ falls and struggling to get back up, I said thanks, and went back inside. Never had a notion to try it again.

I was in good shape then, but pretty much hated every second. Not being able to get back up by myself was a major frustration. That's not fluffy snow you fall on, it's rock hard.

My youngest son and his wife take the 3 boys sometimes, they all love it.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote