View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 02:09 AM   #51
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I haven't read any book which fits the criteria -- plenty of books I didn't like, but none that I'd consider so universally bad that I can't imagine others enjoying them.

I read Hamsun's "Victoria" in school and hated it because the protagonist is so whiny and annoying, and tried and gave up "Hunger" for the same reason. But I've heard others describing "Hunger" as hilarious, and have no problems seeing that it can be for someone who doesn't nope out at the first cringeworthy dialogue about the carpet. There are other lauded books I've tried and abandoned because they just didn't grip me -- Marquez' "A Hundred Years of Solitude" and Smith's "White Teeth" spring to mind -- but I could see there was stuff there to enjoy, even if those books weren't for me.

Other people have such weird tastes as shown in this thread, so I'm willing to believe them sincerely enjoying pretty much anything!
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote