View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 04:14 PM   #23
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Tenth grade is too young for Moby Dick! No wonder people hate it.
In junior high I was sentenced to Saturday school for something or other I did. As I was walking in I found a copy of Animal Farm laying in the grass. I picked it up and started reading it as there was no real work requirement in Saturday school. I wound up reading the book the rest of the day and finished it in the evening. It was depressing, but I loved it.

I wonder if it were an assigned book if I would have liked it as much.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote