View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 03:49 PM   #9
Derek87
Connoisseur
Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Derek87 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW3
trying to to overly repeat what has already been said but i took delivery on the SE yesterday so these are only initial impressions:

- i like the extra screen real estate compared to my 2015 PW
- i don't think the clarity is appreciably better in the newer model
- the backlight, however, is much more uniform than any of the other Kindles i've tried including a first generation Oasis 2 which i returned due to not liking the weight distribution for how i read (in bed on my back and holding the kindle above my head). i also should note that i read in the dark, so some of the light uniformity issues i've experienced with different models are more pronounced when backlight settings are low. my 2021 SE is very close to perfect. it isn't clear to me where they positioned the backlights which is a change from the PW3,PW4,Voyage, Oasis 1, Oasis 2 (i've only tried first gen) that i've tried out in my typical use conditions.
- i like the temperature adjustment. i don't put it to full on yellow, but it's to have a warmer paper hue in the dark. that's one thing i did like about the Oasis 2 that i ultimately returned. it had a nice warm hue (even without temperature adjustment) that was easy on the eyes.
Derek87 is offline   Reply With Quote