View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 05:27 PM   #33
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Minor nit. The square root of (13*13 + 18*18) (493) is 22.20 cm or 8.74 inches.
Nonetheless, it is significant that calculating the diagonal in cm, then converting to inches is simpler, less prone to error, and reqires fewer operations.

Quote:
Even more minor nit, IIRC, Japanese manga page size is 12.8 cm * 18.2 cm which gives us a 22.25 cm diagonal (8.76 inches).
Given tinkywinky666's belief that screen size even slightly smaller (in presumably either dimension) than the native image size will result in significant quality loss, even this is not minor.

Quote:
However the eInk ereaders I've used have a 3x4 screen (1.333 aspect ratio) while Japanese manga is 1.456 aspect ratio and American tends to 1.50 aspect ratio. So while we use the full height of the screen, the image will be pillar boxed.
I agree that this needs to be taken into account. So maybe even 9 inch isn't large enough. (I'm not going to do the calculations.)
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote