View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay, I took a peek at it and did see where it builds tcktk things but it does not apply the required patches to make both xz and openssl work properly back to mac OS 10.12 when built on later macOS versions.

And it hard codes the location of tk tck which makes a completely relocatable Python framework a bit of a stickler to produce.

I am going to have to spend some time recreating how to make a Python 3.9 build that is relocatable (or 3.10).

I should probably do it for whichever version of Python we plan on moving to. Since 3.10.0 just came out, I am thinking 3.9.8 as the next version of Python for the next Sigil build.

Are you okay moving to Python 3.9.8 on Windows? If not, I can try to backport the changes and make a Python 3.8.3 with the latest tk and tcl embedded in it. Or we can update to the latest version of Python 3.8 and try.

Just let me know if 3.9.8, 3.8.3, or 3.8.X would be best for Windows and I will take a stab at building it on macOS.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote