View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 07:16 PM   #82
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptwithal View Post
-- For those under age 20, the infection fatality risk is equivalent to driving a car for 7,500 miles.

Based on this, if I were a 19-year-old and someone asked me, "Over the next six months, which would you rather? Test positive for Covid or drive 10,000 miles?" The correct answer (especially for a person with no co-morbidities) would be: Test positive for covid. Because for the 19YO, covid would be a much safer bet.

Hmmm... using the 2020 number of 1.37 fatalities per 100 million miles driven and doing the math comes up with a death rate per 7500 miles of 0.010%. Given the CDC numbers when crunched show the death rate for children from 0 to 17 who contract COVID-19 to be approximately 0.2%, I'd say the risk is more like driving 150,000 miles. The exact quote was "about 0.2 per cent of patients under the age of 17 have died"

As one quote ran, you are more liable to die in a traffic accident going to and returning from your COVID-19 vaccination that from side effects of the vaccine.