View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 10:42 AM   #29
Pilgrim86
Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pilgrim86 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Austen was excellent in regard to character presentation and drawing out relational issues; as an added bonus, she worked from a worldview that is agreeable. The only issue I have with her books is that I don't like them!
I want to read something that has some of the same insight which she might bring but with a faster paced story, or, maybe with more situational adventure.
So are you telling us you want squeaky clean without a hint of anything interesting?[/QUOTE]

Ummm, no. 'Clean' is a relative term, but I've described the sense of what I desire-
1 if magic is present, that it would not be presented in a positive light.
2 no blasphemous language or themes.
3 not sex or large amount of foul language.

Baffling to think these would be necessary for something to be interesting, begs some questions about what holds interest I suppose. At any rate, I am looking for some adventure, good writing, and hopefully something that is thought provoking. Austen is great in regards to exposing noble characteristics in individuals, and thus provokes some thoughts with insights provided. However, her stories don't have the adventure that I desire. Basically, I would like to come across Tolkien like fantasy without the magic, or Sci-Fi without number 2 or 3 from above.
Pilgrim86 is offline   Reply With Quote