View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 05:49 AM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Again, very clearly: removing DRM and distributing is prohibited here, thus uploading; there is nothing in the law about a download.

And further: for books I have in paper version, I am allowed to make private copies - even electronic ones (up to 6 are tolerated); the paper book is my property and I do not remove any copy protection when making the copy - I am not allowed to redistribute the copies.

It is therefore absolutely equal whether I make these copies myself or download them from somewhere (which is not a violation of the law); I am not allowed to distribute the copies.

To make it clear once again: the one who removes DRM is the offender according to the law.
And what is happening here is helping to do that.
Under Austrian law you are allowed to make complete copies of the paper books? Wow. That is not something I have ever heard of before and find hard to believe. It definitely isn't the case in Australia. And I am surprised that you are allowed to make electronic copies of the books. But, does it say you are allowed to source those electronic copies from somewhere else? After all, if you download an ebook from a pirate site (your words) you are not actually making a copy of your book. You are making a copy of someone else's book

And it is clear from the quoted source that downloading from an illegal source is against the law. Are you claiming some other interpretation of what has been quoted?

And to be clear, I NEVER mentioned anything about DRM. You brought it up. You have previously stated that any change of format is illegal. You made it clear that you believe that changing from an Amazon format to other formats was theft.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote