View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Yeah, it's totally weird not to buy books ahead in the series before I've decided I even like the series or know whether I am satisfied with the ending and can stop it there. Truly bizarre.
So you are unable to tell, say 75% of the way through the book that you might want to read the next in the series? I find that truly bizarre. The few books I've DNFed, it took me much less that reading to the last chapter or two before making that decision.

Quote:
I also don't meticulously plan out my bedtime reading. Sometimes I read more than I think I will which is enough to finish the current book and then want to start the next one. Wild eh? They should feature me in Ripley's Believe or Not for all this strange stuff I do.
I do find it rather strange that you started reading the book but were unable to decide if you might want to read the next in the series before heading off to bed. Just how long do you read in bed on the average? 3 hours? 4 hours? Until your alarm clock goes off? The old saw about failure to plan is planning to fail comes to mind.

Quote:
I haven't used a Kobo since last September. It's an example I gave from what's known as the "past" which stretches out beyond Feb. 2021.
So a total creature of impulse? And as mentioned, a simple checkbox would save you from your complaint about the unsupported firmware version message. And I suspect that I have a better idea than you about Kobo's firmware releases going back over a decade and I don't find it all that bothersome.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote