View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #17
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Yeah, it's totally weird not to buy books ahead in the series before I've decided I even like the series or know whether I am satisfied with the ending and can stop it there. Truly bizarre.

I also don't meticulously plan out my bedtime reading. Sometimes I read more than I think I will which is enough to finish the current book and then want to start the next one. Wild eh? They should feature me in Ripley's Believe or Not for all this strange stuff I do.

I haven't used a Kobo since last September. It's an example I gave from what's known as the "past" which stretches out beyond Feb. 2021.
Exactly. I don't always know if I'm going to want to continue reading a series until I finish the first book, and I never know how long I'm going to be reading in bed. Sometimes it's 5 minutes, sometimes it's a few hours. Of course I always have unread books on my device, but sometimes I want to just stay in the world that I started the night in...and sometimes that means buying a book from the device in the middle of the night.

Also, (and I know that saying this may open myself up to criticism and derision here) I don't usually send my books to Calibre right after I purchase them. I do it once a month, and occasionally, if I'm really busy in a particular month, I may do it every other month. If somehow Amazon and Kobo go under with no warning, or turn off the ability to download our purchases with no warning, I will only miss a few books. I don't buy hundreds of book per month...it's usually less than 10, and sometimes less than 5.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote