View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 02:27 PM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post

Why don't you propose a club you would like to see, and then the rest of us can let you know if we are interested? You have always had strong opinions on how the clubs should be run - now is your chance to take charge

I never participated in New Leaf because the nominations each month always included books from varying genres, some of which I was never going to read. So I didn't vote because I didn't want to feel obligated. And then the books I would have been interested in generally didn't win.

I wonder if sticking to one genre per reading period would work? If someone has absolutely no interest in a particular genre (scifi, mystery, whatever) then they could sit that one out.

Just throwing out ideas here.
I am thinking of genre based. You are right, that we could get just about anything with topic based.

So for another book club, I think genre based would work.

So for another book club, it will be genre based. There will be no limit on when it's published, how long the book is, or how much it costs. The winning book is up to the participants. I would hope you would read what you voted for if it wins.

What does everyone think of doing the voting two months ahead so anyone getting the winning book from Overdrive may have enough time? We could do a general purpose vote and the two books that get the most votes are the ones we start with and then we go for a nomination/vote for the third to give time for library borrowing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote