View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 10:49 AM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Why try to put too much into a single club? I think issybird's quarterly classics discussion sounds like a good idea. I think if we had another quarterly or bi-monthly club for other books that would be fine. There have been 2 book clubs running for most of the last 10 years. People will be free to participate in any, all, or none of the available discussions based on their interests.

Keeping things separate puts less overhead on whoever is leading the group(s), so hopefully less stress. This also let's more people try different roles in different groups. Maybe issybird leads a classic's group but only wants to participate in another from time to time. I know people who are leading feel pressure to read or at least try every selection. So having more than one group will relieve some of that pressure.
We could have four leaders. Two for the classic part and the other two for the non-classics part. That I think would work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote