View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 06:19 PM   #42
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
At least in my vision of a classics club along the lines proposed, the beauty is that it would largely run itself. Another advantage of no superstructure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I have sometimes wondered if putting some sort of page limit on might help participation in any book club.
Wellll, that rather blows out the notion of doorstopper classics! But it is the reason I personally think one book every three months is plenty. And in terms of the socialization that Catlady mentioned, people could discuss the book as they went along, because some of them will take time.

I have no interest in adding other genres to fill in the months in between.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote