View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 04:37 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I would not join any book club that has a lot of restrictions and/or that has recurring votes on each potential selection. With New Leaf, I spent a lot of time every month trying to find books to nominate, only to have them run into geographical restrictions, be considered too expensive, or otherwise garner little interest; I don't want to expend energy doing that again.

Classics are the only books I would even consider for a group discussion, because at least I can feel a sense of accomplishment that I got through some well-known doorstopper.
IMHO, there need not be any such restrictions. You nominate a book you want to read and others will decide to vote or not and if a book wins that you will not be reading, then you don't have to read for that month. That's what I would like to see.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote