View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:50 AM   #4
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I just noticed some changes when browsing the store from my kindle. One, the font is much bigger! But, most importantly, especially if you are searching for free books (I was searching for Trilby by George du Maurier), the option to sort prices from low to high has gone, replaced by date of release and other such useless options.

I’m sure the prices were also displayed beside each of the books in the list, but now, the space beside each book is blank and you have to click on each individual book cover to find out the price.

In other words, they are making it as difficult as possible for people to compare prices. Naughty, naughty.

Anyway, I downloaded the book from Project Gutenberg in the end, so no big deal, but a change for the worse (for the customer) and for the better for Amazon's bottom line, presumably.
Goodreads has been revamping their book data page with a horrible beta as well, that went fully live for me yesterday. Amazon is also doing a similar book page with changes I've noticed. The search feature is horrible now, which I and hundreds of others use often for Goodreads based challenges when we have to find the sentence and location for certain words. Now the search feature with the newly designed book pages show only search for usually the first four chapters of the book, and don't always display the sentence or the page number. I don't like the changes on either site.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote