View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 03:10 PM   #9
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe and Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwitt View Post

On the other hand, I have also read that the battery of the Oasis doesn't last very long. What's your experience on this?
My battery is very poor, and needs recharged two to three times per book, I can't really relax because of this.

Quote:
About where my books come from, I always buy them in Amazon, especially in Kindle Flash offers. Having a Kindle, it was the easiest for me, so usually I don't need Calibre.

That said, I have used it sometimes and had no problems, but I would prefer to send the books to my e-reader directly without having to go through the computer.

If you usually buy through Amazon, you would probably be better with the Oasis, unless you are happy to switch to the Kobo store, and also convert all your Kindle books then copy them to your Kobo using your computer.

Quote:
And also I like the ability to borrow books from the library (my library doesn't support Kindle).
If you are in a country that supports Overdrive, the Kobo supports borrowing from your library direct from the device.

Sounds like you need both!

Seriously, though, it depends whether your priority is convenience of purchasing or being able to use the library.

The Kindle is solid and dependable, with frustratingly few options to adjust reading settings (wide margins - even on narrowest setting, few font bolding options). The Kobo feels very nice in the hand IMO due to the tactile plastic, it is also a more comfortable shape for me to hold.

They are both wonderful readers.

I hope you enjoy whichever one you pick, and please let us know what you decide.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote