View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #8
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwitt View Post
Thanks for your responses!

Regarding the main aspects of your comments:

The lighting in the Libra is one of my biggest concerns, because I read mostly at nights. I have read so much about it's unneveness, but don't know how noticeable it will be reading at low-medium illumination (I don't intend to turn it up to full brightness).

On the other hand, I have also read that the battery of the Oasis doesn't last very long. What's your experience on this?

About where my books come from, I always buy them in Amazon, especially in Kindle Flash offers. Having a Kindle, it was the easiest for me, so usually I don't need Calibre.

That said, I have used it sometimes and had no problems, but I would prefer to send the books to my e-reader directly without having to go through the computer.

If I had a Kobo, I wouldn't mind buying elsewhere if I could find offers similar to Kindle Flash in other stores (my main reason to get an e-reader was to be able to buy books at a very cheap prices).

And also I like the ability to borrow books from the library (my library doesn't support Kindle).
At the same price, for me it's a no brainer. I would go for the Oasis 3.

The Libra is slower, has an uneven front light screen, tends to wash out the blacks/ contrast.
On the opposite, the Oasis 3 screen is even and sharp, handles the automatic warm light in a more elegant way, has a light sensor so it can adjust the front light intensity automatically and it's a really fast reader.

Not to mention the buttons. I tend to have to press twice sometimes on the Libra, while the Oasis is always ultra responsive.

My experience reading on the Libra is good, but I'm often reminded I'm reading on an e-reader, while the Oasis 3, I forget the device and just enjoy my books.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote