View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
A 4:3 5” device with even 1024x768 would appeal to me more.

I’m skeptical that a reading app such as Kindle or Kobo would run without issues on this. The color themes are not designed with monochrome displays in mind, and depending on Android version, it might need to be an older version.

The low end Kindle is perfectly fine. Text seems a bit clearer to me than Paperwhite 4, ironically. It’s a bit lighter and smaller, and more comfortable to hold. And it now has 8GB for the same price as before. No Dark Mode, otherwise CPU speed and RAM is the same as the others, it is of the latest and greatest Kindle generation (10th). I suppose the sneering is that it’s only 800x600 (167 PPI), but it has its place.
I will have to disagree that the Kindle Basic is clearer then the PW4. 800x600 6" screens are very much obsolete. Amazon is the only big Reader maker that has such. It's rubbish an really should go away. For $10 more then the add supported Basic, you can get a Kobo Nia. The Nia has a 1024x758 screen and costs less then the Basic without ads.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote