View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #19
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
But I thought you wanted an NYC historical generational saga?
Surely nothing qualifies better than "Annie," and it's prequel "Hamilton!"

Surely you knew they were the beginning and end of the same saga?

Hamilton's creation of the financial systems that would lead to Warbuck's prosperity, but also to the Great Depression Annie was set in? The Hamilton/Burr-Jefferson political party schism leading to the Warbucks/FDR relationship?
The echoing themes of parents losing a child, then a child losing their parents?
Eliza starting NYC's orphanage system?!

I thought it was obvious even without the as-yet-unproduced middle part, which would have shown Eliza's descendants, with their favorable view of orphanages, choosing to leave Annie there while they tried to make a better life for her on a New Jersey farm (ironically echoing Jefferson's wish for a more agrarian economy), then dying in a fire (echoing Philip's death in firearm duel (or, perhaps "buying the farm" in NJ?)) not knowing the orphanage they chose was under the influence of Burr's descendants, who, rebelling against Burr's wait-for-it nature, married into the take-what-you-want, get-rich-quick Cogburn-Hannigan family!

And if all that wasn't enough to make it obvious, you couldn't have missed that they all shared the inherited genetic trait of breaking into song and dance in the middle of conversations.

ApK
I think you have too much time on your hands.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote