View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 08:35 PM   #34
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisica View Post
Hi everyone!

I have KPW2J (905A) running 5.12.2.1.1. Jailbreak was successful, but the JB Hotfix won't install. After copying the .bin file to the Kindle, "Update error - an invalid update has been loaded on your device" pops up and the update button is greyed out. Could it be my serial is not supported by the hotfix?

Thanks!
Hey!

I should add this to the FAQ. This seems to be the only device / firmware combination that doesn't work with the hotfix. For some reason your Kindle thinks that it's older than your current one and deletes it. SKK and NiLuJe is trying to debug and fix the current hotfix version to work with it.

Thanks to SKK, I know that there is another version that should be fine with your device.
You can either wait until the "main" hotfix gets fixed, or give this one a try:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...6&d=1501804569

Let me know how it went if you chose the latter option!

Last edited by tryol; 03-24-2021 at 08:42 PM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote