View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 04:45 PM   #5
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Dear Yokos!

First: Thank you very much for the replies I'll diddle around a bit with different editors.

Out of curiosity: I was surmising there might be a DB... do you know for a fact that there is or do you simply assume the same?
I'm asking because I've had a couple of additional weird effects that make me quesiton my original assumption. Aside from a situation where Xodo editing did _not_ dissotiate the files and another one where deleted annotations were found in the merged PDF (but not shown in NeoReader), I've had the following most fun and stupefying result:
- Searching for a pdf metadata modification tool, I stumbled across "PDF Utils", which also allows for the merging of documents.
- I merged two annotated documents (not the merged versions, although I previously had created some)
- The resulting files _contained_ all annotations, which were visible in XoDo, but _not_ in NeoReader
...so PDF Utils must have seen the annotations in the PDF (I would be surprised if PDF Utils implemented an interface to Onyx's SQLiteDB) and must've reencoded them in the merged document in a way that NeoReader would not display them.

Overall, I have the (frustrating) feeling that there are a bunch of bugs in the annotation functionality... moreover, trying to fix things by using additional software seems to rather generate more inconsistencies than to reduce them :-/
Does anyone have experience with the Onyx support - whether or where it makes sense posting bugs, these days?
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote