View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 12:39 PM   #4
BoschBabe
BoschBabe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra and Paperwhite
Hello, again. After making my hidden files visible I was able to find and identify the file. (Thanks!) I changed the filename, added the .epub extension, and dragged it into Calibre. When I try to open the file it displays as gibberish. I tried to convert it to another format and got an error (file was corrupted, I think).

Next I installed ADE and tried to download the book from the Kobo web site. Got an error from ADE (Unable to download, Error getting license …) Found instructions online for deauthorizing and reauthorizing the app, but when I installed ADE it had authorized/logged in with a very old email address and now it won’t deauthorize.

When I got the Kobo I decided to try to purchase most of my books from them rather than Amazon for philosophical reasons. However, it is so easy to download and convert ebooks purchased from Amazon and this Kobo/ADE stuff has me wanting to throw my beloved Mac through a window. Unless I am missing some simple, obvious thing I fear I may have to just keep feeding the beast that is Amazon.

Thanks for your assistance thus far (and thanks in advance for any future assistance anyone can offer).

kathy
BoschBabe is offline   Reply With Quote